SMS will not be retuning to in-person classes until cleared by NMPED and the Governor's Office. As soon as we can, we will mail information to parents.
Tutoring for October 9, 2020
Students who are scheduled for tutoring sessions: go to Google Classrooms and accept the invitation to the tutoring session classroom. The schedule is posted as an announcement in the "stream". Use the Meet link to join the session at your scheduled time.
To schedule tutoring, please email Mr. Mendoza at email@example.com
Virtual Open House Presentation - SMS Mission Statement
Notebook paper, Pens, Highlighters, Pencils, Earbuds/headphones, sticky notes, binder or other folder to organize notes, colored pencils, 2 dedicated composition notebooks for math, additional composition notebooks, ruler, scissors, colored paper or construction paper
Students taking MESA will need a dedicated composition notebook
Students taking art will need drawing paper (notebook or pad), eraser, pencils
Students taking Band will need their own instrument as none will be available for check out.
These are the 6 tips offered by Guy Gunther, the senior director of fiber networks at CenturyLink:
1. Inventory: Check all the devices connected in your home. Remove any devices not in use.
2. Disconnect Streaming Platforms: Streaming services can eat up bandwidth while refreshing.
3. Set Up Shifts : Family members can use the WiFi when they need it most.
4. Disconnect Virtual Private Networks (VPNs): Gunther explained a VPN is required when getting behind a firewall/security system online. He said if you need to use a VPN, get the info and then disconnect. Gunther said a VPN can cut your bandwidth by half.
5. Place Your Modem in the Right Spot: A thick wall, refrigerator, or microwave could cause interference. Gunther said to keep your device as close to the modem as possible, or buy a cable from an electronics store to connect it to a desktop.
6. Check Package Prices Online: Gunther said some internet packages have been reduced in price, so families could probably get faster speed for the same amount they’re paying now.